• Откройте аккаунт на Диспуте за 5 минут

Продаете недвижимость, машину, телефон, одежду?  Тысячи  просмотров ежедневно на dispute.az  помогут вам. Бесплатная доска обьявлений.

Поступление В Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy (Ada), И Сдача Экзаменов Tqdk, Ielts, Toefl, Sat, Efc

Уважаемые форумчане,

Отборочное тестирование учеников на следующий академический год проводится до 15 мая, т.к. педагог улетает для сдачи экзаменов докторантуры в London University.

Запись на тестирование проводится за неделю заранее до самого тестирования.

Запись производится на следующий академический год 

General English- 80 AZN в группе до 5 человек, 160 AZN индивидуальные занятия (для школьников, студентов )

Подготовка к экзаменам TQDK - 80 azn в группе
IELTS/TOEFL- 100 AZN в группе, 200 azn индивидуально
SAT- 120 AZN в группе, 250 AZN индивидуально
Business English- 100 AZN в группе, 200 AZN индивидуально

Повтор для групп TQDK - Topic Countable and Uncountable Nouns

Исчисляемыми существительными называются существительные, обозначающие предметы которые можно сосчитать, т.е. от них можно образовать множественное число. В форме единственного числа перед ними стоит либо артикль, указывающий на то, что предмет один – a если существительное начинается с согласного звука (bdt и т.д.)an если существительное начинается с гласного звука (aeiouили число, указывающее на количество предметов, если их несколько и существительное стоит в форме множественного числа. Мы подчеркнули исчисляемые существительные в следующих примерах.

Пример:

bus is at the bus stop.

Автобус стоит на остановке.

Do you have anumbrella?

У тебя есть зонт?

Here are two books.

Вот две книги.

Twenty students are present.

Присутствуют двадцатьстудентов.

В английском языке ряд существительных не образует формы множественного числа и не имеет перед собой неопределенного артикля aan или числа, указывающего на количество предметов. И так как количество этих предметов невозможно определить посредством конкретного числа, такие существительные называютсянеисчисляемыми. Сюда входят:

a) отвлеченные понятия:

beauty, love, happiness и т.д.

b) жидкости и то, что мы употребляем в пищу:

- milk, water, tea, coffee, wine, lemonade, oil, petrol и т.д.

- chocolate, butter, cheese, meat, salt, pepper, bacon, bread, honey, jam и т.д.

c) названия языков:

English, German, Spanish и т.д.

d) материалы:

gold, iron, silver, wood, paper и т.д.

e) прочее

hair, money, news, snow, furniture, weather, advice и т.д.

C неисчисляемыми существительными употребляется глагол в единственном числе.

Пример:

Love is a wonderful feeling.

Любовь – прекрасное чувство.

Butter tastes good.

Масло приятное на вкус.

Также с неисчисляемыми существительными мы употребляемsome в значении «некоторое количество». Some также употребляется и с исчисляемыми существительными во множественном числе в значении «несколько».

Пример:

Some milk (не “a milk”)

немного молока

Some tomatoes

несколько помидоров

Для указания количества того предмета, который выражен неисчисляемым существительным, употребляются следующие слова, которые стоят перед неисчисляемым существительным, определяя его:

a jar of marmalade

банка джема

a bottle of champagne

бутылка шампанского

a piece of cake

кусочек торта

a loaf of bread

буханка хлеба

A cup of tea

чашка чая

a bar of chocolate

плитка шоколада

a glass of water

стакан воды

a kilo of meat

килограмм мяса

a carton of milk

пакет молока

a bowl of soup

миска супа

a can of fruit juice

банка фруктового сока (жестяная)

a jug of orange juice

кувшин апельсинового сока

a slice of bread

кусочек хлеба

a tin of fish

банка рыбных консервов

a packet of spaghetti

пачка макарон

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUztCn_ldU

Повтор для групп TQDK

Adjectives & Prepositions

Adjectives & Prepositions

Some adjectives go with certain prepositions. There is no real pattern – you need to learn them as you meet them. Here are some examples but remember that there are many other adjective + preposition combinations that are not covered here.

With ‘at’

• I’m quite good at English but I’m bad at maths and I’m terrible at physics.

With ‘for’

• Jogging is good for your health but smoking is bad for you.
  • The town is famous for its cheese.

As well as ‘good for’, ‘bad for’ and ‘famous for’ we also say ‘qualified for’ ‘ready for’, ‘responsible for’, ‘suitable for’ and several others.

With ‘of’

I’m perfectly capable of doing it myself, thank you.
I’m very fond of this old sweatshirt.

As well as ‘capable of’ and ‘fond of’ we also say ‘aware of’, ‘full of’, ‘tired of’ and several others.

With ‘with’

• We’re very pleased with your progress.
  • You’re not still angry with me are you?

As well as ‘pleased with’ and ‘angry with’ we also say ‘bored with’, ‘delighted with’, ‘satisfied with’ and several others.

With ‘to’

• She’s the one who’s married to a doctor, isn’t she?
  • You’ll be responsible to the head of the Finance department.

Notice that you can be responsible for something but responsible to someone.

Other common adjective + preposition combinations include ‘interested in’ and ‘keen on’. It’s a good idea to make a note of new combinations in your vocabulary notebook as you meet them. Remember too that a preposition is followed by a noun or a gerund (‘ing’ form).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWMq4o7zkE

Edited by Emil GE

Listening exams

Listening exams can be quite scary. Will you understand what you have to do? Will you understand what the speakers

say? Will you have time to write down your answers? This section will help you to prepare for all sorts of listening

exams.

istock_000017297547small.jpg?itok=6xZAdU

This section offers you lots of advice for listening exams and tests. Listening exams can be stressful and you might feel

that you can’t do very much in order to prepare for them. Read the advice here and you will find lots of ideas on how you

can get better marks in listening exams. Good luck!

Before Listening and while listening (exercises will be completed during the lesson)

Edited by Emil GE

Раздел «Чтение» (30 минут). Задания до следующего урока

1.    The House of Commons
2.    Parliamentary Procedure 
3.    The House of Lords 
4.    Westminster  5.    The System of Government
6.    Parliamentary Committees
7.    Whitehall
8.    The Crown
A. Her Majesty’s Government, in spite of its name, derives its authority and power from its party representation in Parliament. Parliament is housed in the Palace of Westminster, once a home of the monarchy. Like the monarchy, Parliament is an ancient institution, dating from the middle of the thirteenth century. Parliament is the seat of British democracy, but it is perhaps valuable to remember that while the House of Lords was created in order to provide a council of the nobility for the king, the Commons were summoned originally in order to provide the king with money. 

B. The reigning monarch is not only head of state but symbol of the unity of the nation. The monarchy is Britain’s oldest secular institution, its continuity for over a thousand years broken only once by a republic that lasted a mere eleven years (1649-60). The monarchy is hereditary, the succession passing automatically to the oldest male child, or in the absence of males to the oldest female offspring of the monarch. In law the monarch is head of the executive and of the judiciary, head of the Church of England, and commander-in-chief of the armed forces. 

C. The dynamic power of Parliament lies in its lower chamber. Of its 650 members, 523 represent constituencies in England, 38 in Wales, 72 in Scotland and 17 in Northern Ireland. There are only seats in the Commons debating chamber for 370 members, but except on matters of great interest, it is unusual for all members to be present at any one time. Many MPs find themselves in other rooms of the Commons, participating in a variety of committees and meetings necessary for an effective parliamentary process.  

D. Britain is a democracy, yet its people are not, as one might expect in a democracy, constitutionally in control of the state. The constitutional situation is an apparently contradictory one. As a result of a historical process the people of Britain are subjects of the Crown, accepting the Queen as the head of the state. Yet even the Queen is not sovereign in any substantial sense since she receives her authority from Parliament, and is subject to its direction in almost all matters. This curious situation came about as a result of a long struggle for power between the Crown and Parliament during the sixteenth and the seventeenth centuries.  

E. Her Majesty’s Government governs in the name of the Queen, and its hub, Downing Street, lies in Whitehall, a short walk from Parliament. Following a general election, the Queen invites the leader of the majority party represented in the Commons, to form a government on her behalf. Government ministers are invariably members of the House of Commons, but infrequently members of the House of Lords are appointed. All government members continue to represent “constituencies” which elected them. 

F. Each parliamentary session begins with the “State Opening of Parliament”, a ceremonial occasion in which the Queen proceeds from Buckingham Palace to the Palace of Westminster where she delivers the Queen’s Speech from her throne in the House of Lords. Her speech is drafted by her government, and describes what the government intends to implement during the forthcoming session. Leading members of the Commons may hear the speech from the far end of the chamber, but are not allowed to enter the House of Lords. 

G.  The upper chamber of Parliament is not democratic in any sense at all. It consists of four categories of peer. The majority are hereditary peers, a total of almost 800, but of whom only about half take an active interest in the affairs of the state. A smaller number, between 350 and 400, are “life” peers — an idea introduced in 1958 to elevate to the peerage certain people who rendered political or public service to the nation. The purpose was not only to honour but also to enhance the quality of business done in the Lords.  

Установите соответствие между заголовками 1 — 8 и текстами A — G. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую цифру только один разВ задании один заголовок лишний.

Раздел  «Грамматика и лексика» (40 минут) - подготовить к следующему уроку

Прочитайте приведённый ниже текст. Преобразуйте слова, напечатанные заглавными буквами в конце предложений, так чтобы они грамматически соответствовали содержанию текста. Заполните пропуски полученными словами. 

Where did basketball come from?

B4 Basketball is now a major sport in the USA. Basketball  by Dr. James Naismith at Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1891. Basketball is a game played between two teams of five players, in which each team tries to win points by throwing a ball through a net.           INVENT

B5 Basketball is a very spectator-oriented sport. It is the  most popular game in the USA. People enjoy both watching and playing it.   THREE

B6 There many basketball centers in cities and towns of every state. They do not often produce sportsmen or sportswomen who are successful in world basketball championships but they help young people to keep fit and look athletic.       BE

B7 Basketball  by men and women at all levels, from the professional level to high schools and clubs.      PLAY

B8 One of the   and the most famous basketball teams is the Harlem Globetrotters, formed in 1926. It has a lot of fans in the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and New Zealand.    OLD

B9 This team  crowds of fans especially for final or championship matches. One can see photos of its members in newspapers and magazines all over the USA.    ATTRACT

B10 The name of the team    a symbol of a fast and furious play.     BECOME

Basketball is now a major sport in the USA. Basketball  by Dr. James Naismith at Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1891. Basketball is a game played between two teams of five players, in which each team tries to win points by throwing a ball through a net. 

Повтор для групп TQDK

Исключения при образовании множественного числа английских существительных

Некоторые существительные по историческим причинам имеют свои собственные способы построения множественного числа:

man – men
woman – women
tooth –teeth
foot – feet
goose – geese
mouse – mice
louse – lice
child – children
ox – oxen
brother – brethren (собратья, братия)

Для некоторых слов форма единственного числа совпадает с формой множественного:

sheep – sheep
swine – swine
deer – deer
grouse – grouse
series – series
species – species
corps – corps

Также это характерно для названий некоторых национальностей – Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Swiss:

Chinese – a group of seven Chinese
(один) китаец – группа из семи китайцев

Довольно большая часть заимствованных слов сохранила за собой окончания множественного числа, образованные по правилам «своего» языка (как правило, греческого и латинского):

basis – bases
crisis – crises
phenomenon – phenomena
stimulus – stimuli
formula – formulae
datum – data
index – indices
bureau – bureaux

Тест по английскому языку "Prepositions of Time and Place" - Подготовить к следующему уроку

К каждому вопросу даны несколько вариантов ответа. Выберите тот, который считаете правильным. Если Вы затрудняетесь с ответом, просто пропустите вопрос.

1.  My birthday is ..... March.  

in

at

on

2.  We can have the meeting ..... my office.  

in

at

on

3.  I live ..... Vienna.  

in

at

on

4.  I saw Mrs Jones waiting ..... the bus stop.  

in

at

on

5.  Julia goes to her fitness class ..... Tuesdays.  

in

at

on

6.  I start work ..... 8.30 every morning.  

in

at

on

7.  I'm going to a party ..... New Year's Eve.  

in

at

on

8.  The banks close ..... 5pm.  

in

at

on

9.  I got up ..... 6am this morning.  

in

at

on

10.  We saw a ballet ..... Julia's birthday.  

in

at

on

11.  My parents bought their house ..... 1967.  

in

at

on

12.  Moira's birthday is ..... September 24.  

in

at

on

13.  Work is always more stressful ..... the end of the month.  

in

at

on

14.  Mary went on holiday ..... Monday.  

in

at

on

15.  Kurt's office is ..... the second floor.  

in

at

on

16.  Don't believe everything you read ..... newspapers.  

in

at

on

17.  Susanne is ..... a meeting.  

in

at

on

18.  Her office is ..... the end of the corridor.  

in

at

on

19.  Look! There's a cat ..... the roof.  

in

at

on

20.  Turn left ..... the traffic lights.  

in

at

on

The relative pronouns are:

Subject Object Possessive who who(m) whose which which whose that that  

We use who and whom for people, and which for things.
Or we can use that for people or things.

We use relative pronouns:

• after a noun, to make it clear which person or thing we are talking about:

the house that Jack built
the woman who discovered radium
an eight-year-old boy who attempted to rob a sweet shop

to tell us more about a person or thing:

My mother, who was born overseas, has always been a great traveller.
Lord Thompson, who is 76, has just retired.
We had fish and chips, which is my favourite meal.

But we do not use that as a subject in this kind of relative clause.

We use whose as the possessive form of who:

This is George, whose brother went to school with me.

We sometimes use whom as the object of a verb or preposition:

This is George, whom you met at our house last year.
This is George’s brother, with whom I went to school.

But nowadays we normally use who:

This is George, who you met at our house last year.
This is George’s brother, who I went to school with.

When whom or which have a preposition the preposition can come at the beginning of the clause...

I had an uncle in Germany, from who[m] I inherited a bit of money.
We bought a chainsaw, with which we cut up all the wood.

… or at the end of the clause:

I had an uncle in Germany who[m] I inherited a bit of money from.
We bought a chainsaw, which we cut all the wood up with.

We can use that at the beginning of the clause:

I had an uncle in Germany that I inherited a bit of money from.
We bought a chainsaw that we cut all the wood up with.

Stand out from the crowd

Job interviews can be a nerve-racking experience for anyone, but it can be even moredaunting if the interview is in your second language. We’ve put together a list of advice that could help you use the right language, give good answers and woo the interviewersso you really stand out from the crowd.

Read the article and do the quiz

Before the interview
  • Research the company and what they do. Interviewers will not be impressed if you don’t know about the company’s history, field of work or current issues.
  • Examine the person specification carefully. The skills they ask for will tell you what type of questions they will ask you.
  • Prepare for standard questions – for example, why you want the job and what your main strengths and weaknesses are.
  • Practise answering questions out loud. Often there’s a difference between what you think you would say, and what actually comes out of your mouth.
  • Make sure you know how to pronounce keywords related to the job and industry. Look up the word stress of important words so you really sound like you know what you are talking about. If you mispronounce important words, it gives the impression that you are not familiar with the topic.
  • Make a list of your achievements and think how they relate to the job. For example does your work on a volunteer project on a farm provide good evidence of teamwork?
  • Make sure you know where the interview is and how to get there beforehand. This will help you to be punctual and arrive in a calm and composed state.
  • First impressions count, so think about your outfit before the day. It’s generally best to dress smartly, but this can be different in different industries, so find out what people wear.
The day of the interview
  • Be on time – by arriving late you give the impression that your time is more valuablethan the interviewers’.
  • Remember to take off your coat, put down your bags and sit in a relaxed manner. This will help create a positive atmosphere for the interview.
  • Speak brightly and confidently. The interviewer will base their opinion on how you look and sound as well as on what you say. Vary your tone when speaking – monotoneanswers are very boring to listen to, especially if the interviewer has many people to see that day.
  • Listen carefully to the questions. If you don’t understand a question, ask the interviewer to rephrase what they have said. You can take some time to answer if you need to think. Tell the interviewer you are doing this by saying ‘let me think…’ or ‘could you give me a moment to think?’
  • If you find it helpful, make a note of the question before responding; this can help ensure you avoid going off on a tangent.
  • Give full answers to the questions, and give real examples of things you have done. Keep your answers focused on what skills you have that the employer will want.
  • Sell yourself! If you are not positive about yourself and your work experiences nobody else will be.
  • Be truthful – if you make things up the interviewer will see through you. If there is a question that you cannot answer, it’s better to be open about it but say how you willaddress the issue.
  • Ask some questions at the end of the interview. This is an opportunity to find out about the role and the company, and it also shows you are interested in the job. But don’t ask about the salary at this stage – you can worry about that when they offer you the job.

To do during the lesson

Did you understand all of the advice? Do the quiz to find out if you're ready for an interview!

Edited by Emil GE

How do I answer an IELTS writing task 1? Homework Task - please consult your notes on introduction, overview and body paragraphs A and B 

To analyse this, we’ll look at a line graph. Look at the following question and the graph.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

Write at least 150 words.The line graph below shows changes in the amount and type of fast food consumed by Australian teenagers from 1975 to 2000.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

ielts-task-1-fast-food.jpg

There are three basic things you need to structure an IELTS writing task 1.

1. Introduce the graph
  2. Give an overview
  3. Give the detail

IELTS Listening: Information (FAQ)

Complete before the lesson

1. How many sections are there? Answer
    2. Does everyone take the same test or are there different listening tests?Answer
    3. How many questions are there? Answer
    4. How long is the listening test? Answer
    5. How many times will I be able to listen to the recording? Answer
    6. What is the listening answer sheet? Answer
    7. How can I find my score for listening? Answer
    8. Do I lose a point if my answer is wrong? Answer
    9. Do the answers come in order? Answer
    10. Will I have time to read the questions before I listen? Answer
    11. Can I write on the listening question paper? Answer
    12. Can I have extra paper for making notes? Answer
    13. Are capital letters important? Answer
    14. Can I write all my answers in capital letters on my listening answer sheet?Answer
    15. Should I use a pen or pencil? Answer
    16. In multiple choice questions, can I write words or do the answers need to be letters?? Answer
    17. How can I improve my multiple choice listening?Answer
    18. What accents will there be in the listening test? Answer
    19. Is spelling important? Answer
    20. How can I improve my listening?  Answer
    21. How can I improve section 4 of the listening test?Answer
    22. What does “two words and/or number” mean? Answer
    23. Should I use “the” or “a” with my answer? Answer

Activity 1 'They can survive without water...'
Survival in tough times

There are some amazing animals in the world. Some, like camels are able to survive in extreme conditions, like the heat of the desert. They can go for days without drinking water.

And there are plenty of tough humans too. Traditional bushmen in the Kalahari Desert are able to thrive and make the desert their home. The skills passed down over the generations mean that they can do all sorts of things - like lighting fires without matches!

A few remarkable people have survived the toughest situations imaginable. Like Mauro Prosperi, the Italian athlete who got lost in the Sahara desert and couldn't find his way out.He managed to keep going for 12 days by drinking urine and bat's blood.

When you're talking about surviving and dealing with tough situations, the phrases canbe able to and manage to are very useful. In this session you'll look at the grammar of these phrases and find out how to talk about surviving the desert!

Read the text and complete the activity

Can, could, be able to, manage to: Meaning and use

We use can or be able to  when we want to say someone or something has the ability to do something. Can and be able to have similar meanings, but we often use be able to when something is surprising or unusual.

Camels can carry up to 600 pounds on their backs.
They are able to close their noses to keep out the sand.

To talk about ability in the past, we use could or be able to.

50 years ago, you could walk along this road for hours without seeing anyone else.
We were able to speak on the phone every evening.   

Mauro Prosperi was able to survive by drinking urine and bat's blood.

For a single event in the past, we use be able to (not could) in positive statements.

Our guide was able to show us the caves where the bushmen lived.
NOT: Our guide could show us where the bushmen lived.

In negative statements and questions about single events, we can use could or be able to.

Could you talk to the bushmen? Were you able to talk to the bushmen?
We couldn't talk to them. We weren't able to talk to them.

If something is very difficult to do or is very successful, we often use the verb manage toinstead of a modal verb like can or could.

Mauro Prosperi managed to find shelter from the sun.

To do

Try out our ability phrases quiz! Can you remember when to use cancouldbe able to and manage to?

Did you get the meaning?

6 Questions

Choose the best word or words to fill in each gap. Can you get them all right?

So you've learnt about the modals can and could and the phrases be able toand manage to. And you've learnt some facts about deserts! Next up, we're going to another extreme environment - the freezing temperatures of Russia! Don't let your English freeze though, because we're going to take a closer look at the form of phrases for talking about ability.

• During the lesson a listening comprehension activity will be completed

Session Grammar
  • We use can and be able to with infinitive verbs to talk about ability in the present.

An elephant can carry up to 9,000kg.
    They are able to walk for up to  50 miles a day.

For ability in the past, use could andwas/were able to.

could see the fish in the water, but Icouldn't catch them.
    They weren't able to survive long without food.

For single events in the past, use be able to for positive sentences.

We were able to take a photograph of the lions (NOT: We could take a photograph of the lions)  

For single events, use be able to orcould / couldn't for negatives and questions.

We weren't able to see the elephants today. We couldn't take any photographs. Could you see any giraffes? 

Use manage to when something is very difficult to do or very successful:

They managed to travel across the Atlantic Ocean.

Session Vocabulary
  • bushmen
    members of tribes in southern Africa

thrive
    survive and grow

harsh
    rough, difficult

environment
    (here) the area around the place where a person or thing lives

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Уважаемые родители и ученики,

У педагога ограниченное количество свободных мест в группах, поэтому , к сожалению, она не может принять очень многих из желающих форумчан, а лишь тех кто садятся по уровню и по схожести программ!

Удачи всем в занятиях и в поступлении!

Для связи с педагогом пишите в личную почту.

• 3 months later...