• Откройте аккаунт на Диспуте за 5 минут

Продаете недвижимость, машину, телефон, одежду?  Тысячи  просмотров ежедневно на dispute.az  помогут вам. Бесплатная доска обьявлений.

English Club

[quote name='Emperor VI' post='4935793' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:27 ']Stand in front of the mirror and press your index finger to your lips as if you want to say somebody to hush. Then try to say normal "s" but with one major difference; when you pronounce "s", your tongue must touch your index finger. This task requires practice. It took me couple of weeks to get accustomed and then to pronounce it correctly.

Best of luck.[/quote]
I know this method since school time,my teacher always told me to use it but did't,even didn't try it because when you are in conversation with somebody talks in English,specialy with people that English is major launguege,you just forget the pronounce and speak how it's convetient, for you,at least for me.Certainly i consider it's not right but i also can't see any big mistake here.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Emperor VI' post='4937113' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:33 ']Good morning!

Unfortunatly you did not pay proper attention to my first sentence of the paragraph where I put my argument about the russian speakers and infamous "th". In that sentence I utilized phrase "[b]unless they are really proficient in English[/b]". But still I would consider your "never" exclamation to be a little bit overambitios as at least in Russian language there isn't "th" sound and one who studies this language has[b] to exert some effort to learn it. [/b]
On the subject of Swedes talking clear English, I have to apologise as it seems that I did not express my thoughts vividly.
I meant Swedes who can talk advanced English. In respect to Swedes expecting you to speak their language,please consider, don't we want and expect from foreigners who live and work in our countries to speak our respective languages. Being tourist is one thing, but being resident has its own requirements, including local language knowledge.[/quote]

Really I didn't notice.Sorry for my inattention.But we did all exercises for pronunciation with my teacher at first when I started to study english in childhood.

Yes,sure we also want foreigners who live and work in our country,to learn our language.Another topic is that they don't do it.

In Sweden I wasn't tourist, and first of all I started to learn swedish because of my job.
But I can say that in Denmark and Finland everybody replied willingly on my questions in english.
Generally speaking swedish people are very attached to all swedish - language,traditions,currency.For,example in Denmark everywhere my euro was accepted,but nowhere in Sweden

[quote name='One Step Beyond' post='4937256' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:50 ']Well, I consider them to be much more cold-blooded and they prefer keeping the distance towards the strangers and not letting them integrate into their society. I have socialized with them very often and if comparing them to American people, it is much more interesting to have a conversation with the latter one.[/quote]

I absolutely agree. ;)

[quote name='Studentka_atu' post='4973816' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:13 ']Well.......not bad.......
but it could be better.......if i passed my exam yesterday...... :nemmi:
and u?[/quote]
I passed all of the exams alredy in may but then i prepared to protect my diploma and done it at 19 june.Now i free of part of life where i have learned.Now i'm wainting for august,i'm gonna go to rest somewhere but i don't know it exacly now,probably it would be Nabran :) Don't you want to rest ? :)

for sure,i want......but i still have one exam left,on 1st July....
and then practice during the whole July
so....i also plan to have rest in August,and probably (i hope so) a week in Nabran un July,if it would be possible....because of my university practice maybe not....

[quote name='Emperor VI' post='4949770' date='Jun 22 2009, 11:01 ']Generally speaking Azeris can consider British people being more reserved. But it is just shell, what is inside nobody can tell. And sometimes when you know them a little bit better, then you can alter your opinion.[/quote]

Emperor, you are right.

But I have contacted to them most of the time. I am meaning British people. They are really cold-blooded. Maybe the mild climate gave such an effect to them? :)

[quote name='Studentka_atu' post='4974412' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:19 ']for sure,i want......but i still have one exam left,on 1st July....
and then practice during the whole July
so....i also plan to have rest in August,and probably (i hope so) a week in Nabran un July,if it would be possible....because of my university practice maybe not....[/quote]
I understood already that you are Atu student.Are you gonna to be an IT engineer? Have you been in Nabran ever? In case if you does which place did you like more?

[quote name='Tidey' post='4979383' date='Jun 27 2009, 21:53 ']I understood already that you are Atu student.Are you gonna to be an IT engineer? Have you been in Nabran ever? In case if you does which place did you like more?[/quote]
sorry if you do

[b]Tidey[/b], I've been to Nabran twice :P I really liked my first trip because we played soccer a lot but the second one was extremely boring... The place I've gone too is called "Lotus", I think. I can't exactly remember right now.

[quote name='BoY' post='4980507' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:01 '][b]Tidey[/b], I've been to Nabran twice :P I really liked my first trip because we played soccer a lot but the second one was extremely boring... The place I've gone too is called "Lotus", I think. I can't exactly remember right now.[/quote]
I heard about Lotus, and people talk that place is not bad,but i have been in place called Судоремонтник.Last year reservation was about 80 manat

[quote name='Tidey' post='4980874' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:20 ']I heard about Lotus, and people talk that place is not bad,but i have been in place called Судоремонтник.Last year reservation was about 80 manat[/quote]

80 manat a day?!

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994245' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:24 ']Good night,Tidey.)
I`m here.))How`r u?.)))Any news?.))))[/quote]
Great,to tell you a true i didn't expect you,i thought there will be somebody but is shoulden't be you,anyway i glad to see you here and i'm good,very tired because i have played football about 30 minutes ago,by the way have you seen NLB?Do you know he changed his nickname?

[quote name='Tidey' post='4994266' date='Jun 30 2009, 22:28 ']Great,to tell you a true i didn't expect you,i thought there will be somebody but is shoulden't be you,anyway i glad to see you here and i'm good,very tired because i have played football about 30 minutes ago,by the way have you seen NLB?Do you know he changed his nickname?[/quote]
I don`t write here cause it`s a little not interesting to me.))But I hope that here`ll be more interesting topics.))
NLB?.))
I don`t know what he`s done.)))He was offended by me.)))
But never mind.)))How can u play football in such a stuffy weather?.)))))))

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994302' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:36 ']I don`t write here cause it`s a little not interesting to me.))But I hope that here`ll be more interesting topics.))
NLB?.))
I don`t know what he`s done.)))He was offended by me.)))
But never mind.)))How can u play football in such a stuffy weather?.)))))))[/quote]
You know it's flood topic and you can write here whatever you want,topic has always changes,it depends on people.Yes he changed his nickname and now he is One Step Beyond,we often playing football specialy in Thursday and Saturday(Вторник и Суббота).There are a lof of topic in forum's sport department.We also have some fan-club consisting of few girls but actually i haven't seen them at all but they do. :)

[quote name='Tidey' post='4994366' date='Jun 30 2009, 13:50 ']in Thursday and Saturday(Вторник и Суббота).[/quote]

Thursday is четверг, вторник is Tuesday :) Don't get confused ))

[quote name='Tidey' post='4994366' date='Jun 30 2009, 22:50 ']You know it's flood topic and you can write here whatever you want,topic has always changes,it depends on people.Yes he changed his nickname and now he is One Step Beyond,we often playing football specialy in Thursday and Saturday(Вторник и Суббота).There are a lof of topic in forum's sport department.We also have some fan-club consisting of few girls but actually i haven't seen them at all but they do. :)[/quote]

Are those girls ur FAns?.))))) It`s interesting.))And how is ur command called?.))May be I`ve heard ab it,if it`s so outstanding.))))
Actually I guessed that it`s NLB when i saw that nickname.))))
But how much we`r speaking ab NLB.))))))He may be proud of it,let`s don`t give him this pleasure.)))))

[quote name='BoY' post='4994397' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:56 ']Thursday is четверг, вторник is Tuesday :) Don't get confused ))[/quote]
Tnank you very much,i will not i promise

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994415' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:59 ']Are those girls ur FAns?.))))) It`s interesting.))And how is ur command called?.))May be I`ve heard ab it,if it`s so outstanding.))))
Actually I guessed that it`s NLB when i saw that nickname.))))
But how much we`r speaking ab NLB.))))))He may be proud of it,let`s don`t give him this pleasure.)))))[/quote]
Ammm,they have wrotten their nicknames in list of fans but they haven't been even in one game,our team called La Liga because most of the players are fans of different Spanish clubs and include me certainly

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994434' date='Jul 1 2009, 00:03 ']And I want to ask everyone who`ll find My mistakes to point out them.))It`s very important to me.)[/quote]
Boy can correct any mistake you did,ask him

[quote name='Tidey' post='4994504' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:13 ']Tnank you very much,i will not i promise
Ammm,they have wrotten their nicknames in list of fans but they haven't been even in one game,our team called La Liga because most of the players are fans of different Spanish clubs and include me certainly
Boy can correct any mistake you did,ask him[/quote]

Then,may be if u want to see girls,announce that to girls,who`ll present at games of "La Liga",will be given beautiful gifts.))))I think stadium`ll be full of girls.)))

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994550' date='Jul 1 2009, 00:20 ']Then,may be if u want to see girls,announce that to girls,who`ll present at games of "La Liga",will be given beautiful gifts.))))I think stadium`ll be full of girls.)))[/quote]
Actualy i don't like when i'm playing football and somebody watchs,it's like presaure on me

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994556' date='Jul 1 2009, 00:20 ']Then,BOY correct my mistakes,please.)))[/quote]
He correct mine always like he did it before few posts
Wait a minute once you said you know English well and don't need any help :)

[quote name='Tidey' post='4994597' date='Jun 30 2009, 23:25 ']Actualy i don't like when i'm playing football and somebody watchs,it's like presaure on me
He correct mine always like he did it before few posts
Wait a minute once you said you know English well and don't need any help :)[/quote]
Probably I was joking,Tidey.))

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994740' date='Jul 1 2009, 00:53 ']Probably I was joking,Tidey.))[/quote]
It looks like a serious post,well what about you?what are you doing?

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994805' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:06 ']I`m looking for the job,but,unfortunately,it`s still without any result..))[/quote]
realy? what kind of job do you want? Did you worked somewhere before?

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994862' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:18 ']No,I don`t have work experience.But I want to work with phone companies,if it can be called so.)))And if u understand what I mean..))))[/quote]
There is a popular agency called Anglo-American once i gave them my CV and they found me a quiet good place but i alredy find a job at the moment,anyway try it they can find you place which exacly you want

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994903' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:28 ']Yes,Tidey,I`ve been there today.)But they say Cv-s`r accepted only on Friday and Tuesday.))
So I have to go there one more time.))But I`m lazybone.)))I wish to find good job sitting at home.))))[/quote]
Sitting at home? Whom are you want to be?If you want to work at home you should be a nurse,but you just said you want work in phone sfere

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994434' date='Jun 30 2009, 14:03 ']And I want to ask everyone who`ll find My mistakes to point out them.))It`s very important to me.)[/quote]

Alright :D

This is not a mistake actually but "to point them out" sounds better than "to point out them" :) That's how people usually say it...

[quote]But I`m [i][b]a[/b][/i] lazybone[b]s[/b].)))I wish to find [i][b]a[/b][/i] good job sitting at home.))))[/quote]

[b]Tidey[/b],
[quote]Did you work[s][b]ed[/b][/s] somewhere before?[/quote]

[quote name='Танго без него' post='4994903' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:28 ']Yes,Tidey,I`ve been there today.)But they say Cv-s`r accepted only on Friday and Tuesday.))
So I have to go there one more time.))But I`m lazybone.)))[b]I wish to find good job sitting at home[/b].))))[/quote]
Financial crisis time - its unreal

[quote name='s3m' post='4995344' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:03 ']Financial crisis time - its unreal[/quote]

You are absolutely right. During the financial downturns finding job can be dauntig task. But it should be also acknowedged that, this kind of calamities usually creates opportunities as well. Trick is to see those opportunities and act upon them.

[quote name='Tidey' post='4979383' date='Jun 27 2009, 21:53 ']I understood already that you are Atu student.Are you gonna to be an IT engineer? Have you been in Nabran ever? In case if you does which place did you like more?[/quote]

sorry for late answer....
Yes,i'm ATU student,but.....it isn't technical university ))))))) i'm a medical student.....
I've been once....i don't remember the name,but it wasn't very good.....

By the way,discos in Lotos were not bad

[quote name='BoY' post='4995204' date='Jul 1 2009, 04:16 ']Alright :D

This is not a mistake actually but "to point them out" sounds better than "to point out them" :) That's how people usually say it...
[b]Tidey[/b],[/quote]
Did i write so? probably it was too late and i didn't watch what i have wrotten

[quote name='s3m' post='4995344' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:03 ']Financial crisis time - its unreal[/quote]
you are complitely right,but it's not so unreal,i have many friends who find a job in a serious companes

[quote name='Emperor VI' post='4995498' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:48 ']You are absolutely right. During the financial downturns finding job can be dauntig task. But it should be also acknowedged that, this kind of calamities usually creates opportunities as well. Trick is to see those opportunities and act upon them.[/quote]
Emperor you use so such of words i have seen them fist time :)

[quote name='Studentka_atu' post='4995973' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:12 ']sorry for late answer....
Yes,i'm ATU student,but.....it isn't technical university ))))))) i'm a medical student.....
I've been once....i don't remember the name,but it wasn't very good.....

By the way,discos in Lotos were not bad[/quote]
Ok,i want to go to Atlant,my friend give me a good discount for 14 days

Archived